Post-Divorce Modifications

Child Support and Custody Modification Lawyer Serving Fall River

With an office in Somerset and serving men and women throughout Southeastern Massachusetts, Miguel Law Offices assists clients in post-divorce modification requests due to a material and substantial change in circumstances since the judgment of divorce was entered or after a temporary order of the court.

Call 508-296-0107 or toll free at 866-360-5082 for a confidential consultation with me about seeking a child custody, child support or alimony modification.

Modifications in Fall River, New Bedford and Taunton

Effective January 1, 2009, new Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines went into effect. Orders and judgments less than three years old as of January 1, 2009, shall not be modified without proof of a material and substantial change in circumstance, such as loss of a job. Orders or judgments more than three years old may be modified by application of the new guidelines. Miguel Law Offices can help. Contact me, a child support modification lawyer, today.

Massachusetts Alimony Termination or Modification

Just like child support modifications, alimony can also be modified or terminated upon a showing of material and significant changes in circumstances for either party. For example, remarriage of your former spouse may be cause for termination of alimony payments. Consult an experienced post-divorce modification attorney today.

Massachusetts Child Custody and Visitation Modification

There are several situations that may give rise to a request to modify a child support or shared parenting plan (visitation) order, including:

  • Relocation of one of the parents could give rise to a change of custody or at the very least a change in visitation to accommodate the parents' and child's schedule.
  • A change in work schedule of a parent may give rise to a new schedule for practical purposes.
  • An unsafe environment may also give rise to a modification of a child custody or visitation. For example, if a new boyfriend or girlfriend uses drugs, is abusive or presents a danger to the children, then it may be possible to obtain a change in child custody or supervised visitation.

To learn more about post-divorce modification options or to discuss a material and substantial change in circumstances with an experienced family law attorney, please schedule your confidential consultation with me, Jennifer Smith Miguel, today. Call my law firm at 508-296-0107, toll free at 866-360-5082 or contact me online.